Effective Date: 1st May 2023
Our website address is: https://digitalmarketingtips.website
Information We Collect
- Contact information: When you interact with us through our website, we may collect your name and email address to be able to communicate with you effectively and respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Any other personal data you voluntarily provide to us through contact forms or email: In addition to the contact information mentioned above, you may provide us with additional personal data voluntarily when you fill out contact forms or communicate with us via email. This information may vary and could include details about your preferences, interests, or any other information you choose to share with us.
How We Use Your Information
We use the collected personal data for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries or requests: The primary purpose of collecting your personal data, especially your contact information, is to respond to any inquiries you may have or to fulfill any requests you make through our website or communication channels.
- To provide information about our products or services: We may use your provided personal data to inform you about our products or services, promotions, or updates related to our offerings that we believe might be of interest to you.
- To comply with legal obligations: We may process your personal data to comply with legal requirements, such as responding to lawful requests from law enforcement authorities or government agencies.
- To protect our rights, property, or safety and those of our users: In certain situations, we may use your personal data to protect our rights, intellectual property, or safety, as well as the rights and safety of our users or other individuals.
Legal Basis for Processing
We process your personal data based on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract: When you engage with us to receive products or services, we may need to process your personal data to fulfill the contractual obligations between you and us.
- Compliance with legal obligations: We may process your personal data to comply with relevant legal requirements and obligations imposed on us by applicable laws and regulations.
- Legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party: In some cases, we may process your personal data based on our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, provided that such interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms.
Data Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your personal data with:
- Law enforcement authorities, government agencies, or other third parties: We may disclose your personal data if required by law or in response to valid legal requests from law enforcement authorities, government agencies, or other third parties.
- Third parties in the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale: If there is a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets, your personal data may be transferred to third parties involved in the transaction, subject to the protections provided by applicable data protection laws.
As part of our services, your personal information may be transferred to and processed on servers located in different countries. This may include transferring your data to third-party service providers who assist us in operating and improving our services.
By using our services, you acknowledge that your personal information may be transferred to locations outside of your country of residence. We will take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected during such transfers and in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You have certain rights regarding your personal data, including:
- The right to access, correct, or delete your personal data: You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you. If any of the information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request corrections. Additionally, you may ask us to delete your personal data under certain circumstances, such as when the data is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected, or when you withdraw your consent.
- The right to withdraw your consent: If we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- The right to object to certain processing activities: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests. If you raise an objection, we will assess whether our legitimate interests override your rights and freedoms, and if not, we will discontinue the processing.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data in a commonly used, machine-readable format and, in certain circumstances, to have that data transmitted to another controller, where technically feasible.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: If you believe that we have violated your data protection rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority responsible for data protection in your country.
We take data security seriously and implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. These measures may include encryption, access controls, firewalls, and regular security assessments. Despite our efforts, it’s important to understand that no data transmission over the internet or electronic storage method can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Retention of Personal Data
Our website may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not operated or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites or services before providing them with your personal data.
In accordance with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography And Marketing (CAN-SPAM) Act, we have implemented the following practices to ensure compliance:
1. Identifying Information:
We clearly provide the physical address of our business and the email address from which our emails are sent. We use accurate header information, including the “From,” “To,” “Reply-To,” and routing information to ensure the recipient knows exactly who the email is from.
2. Opt-Out Mechanism:
All of our emails contain a clear and conspicuous explanation of how the recipient can opt-out of receiving future email messages from us. This includes an easy-to-understand unsubscribe mechanism that is operational for at least 30 days following the sending of the email.
3. Prompt Opt-Out Processing:
We honor all opt-out requests within 10 business days, as required by the CAN-SPAM Act. We do not charge a fee, require additional personal information, or make recipients take unnecessary steps as a condition for honoring an opt-out request.
4. Content Compliance:
All email subject lines are accurate and reflect the content of the email. We do not include deceptive or misleading information in our emails.
5. Third-Party Compliance:
If we utilize third-party services for email marketing, we ensure that they comply with the CAN-SPAM Act. We are responsible for the actions of any third-party service we employ for email marketing purposes.
We actively monitor our email marketing practices to ensure ongoing compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act.
7. Penalty for Non-Compliance:
Violations of the CAN-SPAM Act may result in severe penalties, including fines. We are committed to adhering to the regulations and encourage recipients to report any perceived violations to us directly for prompt resolution.
This Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”) and interact with our website, products, and services.
III. Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers such as name, email address, postal address, IP address, and other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
- Internet activity information, including browsing history, search history, and information regarding interactions with our website.
- Professional or employment-related information.
IV. How We Use Your Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
- To provide, support, and improve our products and services.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
V. Sharing Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for a business purpose, including to our service providers.
VI. Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your rights under CCPA and how to exercise them:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information about our collection and use of your personal information.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us.
- Right to Opt-Out: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [your contact information].
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
VIII. Changes to This Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and will be effective as soon as it is accessible.
IX. Contact Information
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance (USA)
Collection of Personal Information
We collect information from you when you visit our site, register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, make a purchase, or use certain other site features. The information collected may include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, or other details to help you with your experience.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience.
- To improve our website.
- To process transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to outside parties without your consent.
In compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Users are able to change their personal information by emailing us or through account settings (if applicable).
Your Rights Under CalOPPA
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. To make such a request, please contact us at the information below.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13.
Section on European Economic Area (EEA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
EEA Users and GDPR Compliance
Personal Data We Collect
We may collect and process personal data from EEA users, including but not limited to your name, email address, physical address, IP address, and other data that can directly or indirectly identify you. We only collect personal data necessary to provide you with our services, fulfil our legal obligations, and enhance your user experience.
Legal Basis for Processing
We process personal data from EEA users based on the following legal grounds:
- Consent: We may process your personal data if you have given us explicit consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Contractual Obligations: We may process your personal data to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, for example, to provide the services or products you have requested.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your personal data when it is necessary for our legitimate interests, provided that these interests do not override your rights and interests.
Data Subject Rights
As an EEA resident, you have the following rights under GDPR:
- Right of Access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data we hold about you.
- Right to Erasure (‘Right to be Forgotten’): You have the right to request that we delete personal data about you.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party).
We may transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, but we will always ensure that such transfers are protected by appropriate safeguards, such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
Data Protection Officer
Changes to this GDPR Section
We reserve the right to update this GDPR section from time to time. Changes will be posted on this page with an updated revision date. If we make significant changes, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website.
Digital Marketing Tips Website | Suite#12 47-4-1, Cheras Business Centre, Jalan 3/101c, 56100 Kuala Lumpur